- Automobile and Truck Crashes
- Birth Injuries
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Defective Products
- Elder Care Financial Abuse and Neglect
- Farm and Ranch Injuries
- Heavy Equipment/Construction Injuries
- Insurance Bad Faith and Claims
- Medical Malpractice Injuries
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
- Pharmaceutical Injuries
- Premises Liability
- Recreation Accidents
- Victims of Violent Crimes
- Wrongful Death
- DePuy Hip Replacement Systems Recall
- Oil and Gas Law
INSURANCE BAD FAITH AND CLAIMS
Is your insurance company being difficult by not honoring the terms of your insurance agreement? After paying your premiums for years, do you now find that the company has purposely refused to process your claim? Have there been delays and denials of your claim? If you suspect that the insurance company is refusing to pay what you think you deserve, you may be right.
Insurance companies are required by law to be fair with their customers and pay legitimate claims to their insured. However, sometimes they put profits ahead of people and use stalling or intimidating tactics to avoid paying what you deserve. Even though you have paid your premiums and protected your property, health, and life, you may find that in your time of need, the company doesn't do its part.
Bad Faith behavior on the part of the insurance company may include:
- Failure to investigate the claim
- Refusal to settle a claim in a timely manner
- Unreasonable denial of payment under a policy
- Unreasonable attempt to under-settle the payment
- Nonrenewal or termination of the insurance policy after a claim has been filed
These practices are hardly the image projected in media advertisements when companies are trying to get your money for premiums.
The Goodsell Quinn attorneys have an excellent local, regional, and national reputation. They have "A" ratings by Martindale-Hubbell, and have been selected by "Super Lawyers®" and "Best Lawyers®" for exceptional performance. Contact the Goodsell Quinn attorneys at 605-343-3000 for representation you can trust.